tiistai 22. heinäkuuta 2008

Poor golf cart


Kuva Suuresta Sombrerosta, tyypillistä maisemaa South Carolinan koillisosassa.


Yesterday it was boring and I made an embarrassing screw-up. I was on computer sipping sweet tea. Accidentally I shoved the ice tea and it fell on a pile of paper! At that point I thought I was ingenious when I tried to hide the mess and dry the papers. I didn’t talk anything and left for Country club’s pool, which was the worst mistake. After couple of hours Dave came to pool and asked if I messed the table and why didn’t I clean it up. I had no other options than try to explain.. Fortunately he wasn’t too angry, he probably new I felt embarrassed anyway. And told me “now we’re going to Mexico”. I happened to know Mexico is in west and we’re in east coast, where are we going? Dave told we’re going to see Pedro in Mexico. We drove about 20 miles and Dave told “we’re soon in Mexico, this is a short cut”. Finally I saw huge signs: “WELCOME TO MEXICO, THE SOUTH OF THE BORDER” and “WELCOME TO PEDROLAND”. Pedro statues and sombreros were everywhere. It was a Mexico themed amusement park! Not very big one though. I bought one Pedro pin and went by elevator to big, high sombrero, which was in the border of South and North Carolina. Pity that the landscape was mostly just forests, few fields and authentic American water towers. At home I ate spaghetti and a mortal plate of spinach that I didn’t eat (I could eat fresh but not boiled), plus corn, that I have, wonder of wonders, started to like.





Today, 22.7 woke up for brand new and marvelous day. In other words, I had no idea what was going to happen. I took Marion newspaper and noticed to my horror there was my picture in the front page. The interview was quite lame but okay. The second interview will be published tomorrow. I went to some quite of town hall where I got a pile of all kinds of leaflets about Marion. I also got a Marion t-shirt and I was welcomed to Marion etc… Then we were off to Florence to buy food for my parrots, that is not sold in Finland or it is much more expensive. My parrots have always been on American diet. At home it took me by surprise that Giulio and Donát are coming to Hollandsworth’s for afternoon. I suggested if we could go riding golf cart. It was a mistake. First I rode safely to Double-road. Then Giulio wanted to drive. Oh buy! He was driving as fast as the cart could ever go, which was quite okay since it’s not too fast. But then he started to take shortcuts through forests. He also made U-turns at top speed. Donát fell once. Once the golf cart bounced to the air after driving across a ditch and some branches, and I was quite sure it broke down. I heard few times a weird voice: KLONK, KLONK, KLONK. Then the voice stopped, I hope nothing serious happened. I kept repeating all the time “please please stop lets go home you will break it Dave is gonna kill me please let’s go home!”. :D

At home we played dominoes, which Giulio hated, since he thought it’s a game for retired people. I guess the real reason was he didn’t understand the rules. Still he won, because Dave helped him. It was a championship USA vs Finland vs Italy vs Hungary. I was the loser. L

1 kommentti:

  1. Taallakaan italialaiset ei osaa englantia ja niilla on kaikenlisaksi kummallinen murre. Onko noi kaksi hyvinnakoisii? :D sulla kavi tosi hyva tuuri, etta kaikki puhuu aidinkielenaan eri kielia. on suoraan sanoen paskajuttu, et kaikki haluu puhuuu vaan aidinkieltaan. Leirilla oli kauheet klikit: saksa ja italia. ei niihin voi tutustuu, kun ne ei haluu puhuu englantia. nyt oon samassa perheessa yhen itavaltalaisen kanssa, jonka kanssa en puhunut hertaakaan leirilla. vaikka tiedettiin, etta mennaan samaan perheeseen. tyyppi puhuu vaan saksaa.

    paaasiani oli, etta meika tahtoo nahda ton videon :DDD

    VastaaPoista