keskiviikko 23. heinäkuuta 2008

Countrylife


For the forenoon I lounged and ate candies. OMG! I’m afraid to use the scales right now. It’s so HOT and HUMID that you’re soaking wet after 15 minutes of sitting outside. Anyway, at 5 I left for Wise’s ranch. Mr. Wise presented his farm for me and Donát (the Wise is Donát’s host family). They had some stunning mustangs and other horses, and one mule. That place was something between a museum and a dump: the father of Mr. Wise (or something) had built up those buildings and barns, so it is some 100 years old. There was WAY too much stuff there, Americans are such hamsters. I would took half of those objects to antique store. There was one 60 years old tractor, still running! They hadn’t used it for 15 years. Okay, I believe those things do have some sentimental value since they belong to their family, but still, the place would look so much nicer without all that stuff. They had some pigs and about 20 dogs that were running free on their huge property. Mr. Wise said: "you can see all these forests and fields.. they are aaaaall mine!" Then it started to thunder. We left for Florence to watch Redwolves’ baseball game. We stayed positive and thought the thunder would end before the ball game. It didn’t, the game was canceled. So we headed for eating. I took a chicken wrap, my favorite. So tasty, yam. We conversed maybe 2 hours about different countries and languages. I discovered that Hungarian and Finnish are very close to each others! We found some similar words and the pronunciation is almost the same in both languages. Americans can’t understand the way we spell R. I’ve never thought Americans aren’t able to spell it the way we do? Both newspapers have come out, Marion Country News Journal and Marion Stars & Mullins Enterprise. The last one was much better.


Blakely ja hevonen



After that we returned to Wise’s house, where was no electricity, due to the thunderstorm. In the candlelight we watched some pictures and videos from Benton’s laptop of Lions YE camp in Sweden, where he had been last summer. So much fun!! I can’t wait for my camp to begin! And he told me I have a Swedish accent. :D It was about 10 o clock and I was terribly tired. Mr. Wise said: “there is power in your house” and I answered “I dunno”, because I heard he asked “is there?”. And that was just one misunderstanding among the others. The strong southern accent he has wasn’t the only reason for I was quite unable to understand and speak right now, I really needed some sleep.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti