maanantai 7. heinäkuuta 2008

Legacy Cars & Aynor




Thunderstorm was so bad last night I didn’t get to computer at all. Anyway, lets return to Saturday. Four o clock at day we went to Main Street to pick the American flags that we put on Friday. I love it more and more, it brings some old western movies to my mind. I’m not really sure if those buildings actually are old, but at least they look quite old, so classic and charming. No ramshackle houses! After this we just knew that we will to be taken to some kind of a rally. So, in the evening we went to Legacy cars- race. It doesn’t get any more American culture than that. The qualification took few hours, I ate some cheese fries and picked my favorite car. Those cars were awesome, especially Super Trucks. And the noise was huge! Before the beginning of the actual race they read some prayer and sang the national anthem. The excitement was high when it was announced: “3, 2, 1; super truck, start your engines!”. Then they left the pacesetter ahead of them and a ceremonial music playing background. On their first lap one car already crashed. We had no idea that they crash their cars this much, we noticed that almost half of the cars crashed/broke down. Maybe that’s why they’re called legacy cars. And always when they crashed they had to pause the race for 10 minutes before being able to continue the race. After about 3 hours it started to rain, the race was dropped out for fireworks and some crazy competitions for 100 bucks. For example, a water-melon-eating-competition. They also threw some caps and t-shirts, Emmi caught one. After two hours’ speedway-drying and 10 pauses people were not interested at all about the race, so we also left somewhere at midnight. I was so tired and I had a great headache because of the noise the cars made, but it was a great experience!



Yesterday morning we went to church, which was extremely boring. Since it was Independence Day, all the youth were on vacation and there was only two girls. After that we left for Hank’s river ranch, close to Aynor, which was in the middle of nothing. There were enormously wild animals. Black bears, ant lions (I was disappointed since they were just some crappy beetles, not like the ones in “Muumit”), fire ants, fire flies, snakes, lizards, and some have also seen alligators. We drove by boat to sand bar, on the way we both caught a fish. Being kind persons, we freed the fishes. On the sand bar we went swimming, which was lovely. The landscape was like in Amazon (though I’ve ever been there). The water was warm but nicely refreshing, not as hot as in the ocean. Hank made jokes about alligators; if an alligator grabs, cover it’s eyes with your hands. We had BBQ, as always, hamburgers and hot dogs. I also met a young couple living in the neighbor, Kevin and Mary, who were very nice.







Today there is going to be a baseball game and I’ve intended to go cycling to the Main Street, since I saw a nice clothing store out there.



Ant lions!!

Poor cricket - going to get eaten.

I’M RUNNING OUT OF MONEY!!! I spent some 200$ during my first week here and I have just some 500$ left. Help me! Well, I have a debit card where is another 700$ but Visa Electron doesn’t like to work out here in every place. Yesterday evening we had a massive thunderstorm. It was thundering so hard that the whole house was actually shaking. And it rained so hard that the roads were waving. Now all the water has mystically disappeared somewhere??

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti