keskiviikko 30. heinäkuuta 2008

In Spartanburg

At the moment my location is the campus of school for deaf and blind in the city of Spartanburg. I love this place. We have 3 big “apartments” here that have an own living room, kitchen and three 2-bed bedrooms. This must be quite new, since everything is nice and shiny.




In the morning I woke up and caught some breakfast – probably the best breakfast in America so far: strawberries, cheerios and biscuits. We gathered to the place where we had picnic and were soon on our way to Spartanburg. We finished watching the movie “The Man of Honor” and went to buffet to eat some lunch. It was a buffet and I wasn’t even hungry! The next pit stop was rock climbing, which was in CHURCH (?). Americans really take things to extreme. We were there for a couple of hours, so everyone were let to try as many times they wanted. I tried only once, and it was an anguish, since my nails are so long that I can’t really use my hands. Somehow I made myself to the top. I cant describe how hot it was in the room, it was like being in sauna.


Being very tired, we lodged ourselves to campus, took a shower, and left for – SURPRISE – RESTAURANT! The serving was ENORMOUS. I can tell their ideology: invest to the amount of food, not the food itself! I couldn’t eat a half. Being even more tired (but full), we laughed at how sorry we are for the food we couldn’t eat. I mean, our plates looked like no one had even touched them. After that we got a HUGE cake of ice cream and everyone got an own spoon and ate as much as one could. Even a group of 15 people couldn’t complete the cake. After cake and laughs we returned to the campus. The others left for Wal-Mart, but me, Miguel, Zolo (??) and Pauline stayed. Zi-Zo-whatever plays WOW (or something like that) in computer. He is from Mongolia and is a great spot of color to our European group. Day was fun!


Giulio had the time of his life

1 kommentti:

  1. Mooi. Sorry kun en oo lukenut blogias, mutta olin leireilemassa vuorilla keskella metsaa ja siella ei mikaan netti toiminu,vaaikka oltiin vaan tunnin paassa losin downtownista. Mutta taalla menee hyvin, biletetaan joka ikinen ilta. Luen kylla blogisi loppuun kun meen kotiin. Ala huoli.

    VastaaPoista