tiistai 15. heinäkuuta 2008

Marion Newspaper

Marion Newspaper

Today was the moment I had feared. The interview. :I I was lying outside on my constant spot, the terrace, even it was a rather cold day, just below 80F. Charlotte came outside saying “let’s go, you’ll have two interviews!”. So, looking very fresh and just-woke-up, we headed for Marion News Journal’s office. After a cosy but very meaningless interview we took a jail picture of me (at least I looked like a prisoner) and left for Marion County’s Newspaper. I was led to a place I would describe as a hearing place for murder suspects. The walls where white and there was just a table and two chairs, a tape recorder in the middle. A black man stepped in the room. After all, he was very nice and funny, the interview went a lot better than the first one despite the situation. He was laughing at my stories about Finland and my first touch to South Carolina, even I didn’t consider myself funny. It was true that I hadn't realised I was outside when I stepped out of the plane (it was night, dark, very hot and humid), and also in Finland 70F IS a very warm day. Maybe he was just laughing at me. Then he asked if we have MTV or Youtube in Finland. I hope this interview had some content.


The ball game wasn’t today, so I was glad to go to Lexi’s birthday party earlier than midnight. It was about 5pm when I went to Lexi who lives in the opposite side of the road than I do. Her mum took me to her granny’s place where the birthday party is held. So much fun we had that night. At first we ate; pizza, more pizza, chips, soda, more pizza and even more pizza. After eating we went swimming. In the water we played categories (I wonder how youngs at my age still play games I played last time when I was 13??) and baseball. There was Lexi, Kayla, Hannah, Grace, John, Coby, George and some about 10 years old children who left after 10 o clock. We stayed there until around midnight, it was so nice to just lay there, watch the moon and listen to music. There was some mosquitoes though, and VERY humid! My shades where all fogged. We were laughing all the way home, 5 girls in the back of the car. It was the best night so far!


From the left: Josh, Coby, Grace, Hannah, Kayla, Olivia, I, Lexi, Jacob, Emily, George and some unidentified little child.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti