maanantai 14. heinäkuuta 2008

Getting bored

Getting bored

3 days have passed by in boredom.

Saturday 12.7

In the morning it took a while to realize that I’m the only Finnish in the house. Since I had recovered from the shock and ate some breakfast I went cycling. I cycled about 5km in the suburb of the town center. I also got lost few times but I became familiar with the suburb. I cycled once across the Main Street and back along the corn fields to Pinelake Community. This must be one of the very few cities in the States where people have managed to build cycle paths. :D I was soaking wet from the sweat and after shower I went to pool where I floated on swimming mattress for two hours. Back to home I watched Nascar and sat on computer


Marion's old high school

Sunday 13.7

Whole day I was either getting tanned in the chair outside, sitting on computer or watching TV in my room. Almost forgot; we also went to church, which was the top of boredom. In Marion Chinese the food was, again, excellent. FINALLY the clock was 5 and we were ready to leave for Florence. The Marion boys won the game but otherwise the game was quite boring, small and trashy field with no cover, so it was terribly hot. Hannah and Grace were also there. I was sitting with Lexi, eating. I feel like people come to baseball games just for food, and some fill sudokus. So do I.



Monday 14.7

In the morning I was let to collect pines, hurray! After collecting pines for two hours I was all sweaty. I intended to take some soda from the fridge, so, after opening one 24- pack of soda, all the cans billowed on me from the high cupboard. With my other hand I tried to prevent the cans, which were still in the pack, to fall down, and with the other hold the cans which had broke down on the ground and were showering soda. Finally, all the 24 cans in the pack had fallen down and 4 of them had broken down. So I put all the soda in the broken cans to one big glass and drank it all. That’s how I covered my tracks! After this happening I went drawing for a while until Lexi and Emily came to ask me to drive golf cart with them. At this point we also figured out what mattered our golf cart- no gas! After adding some gas and cranking it for a while we managed to get it start. We raced a bit and found that Lexi’s cart accelerates much faster and also goes twice as fast as ours. It’s neater as well! One more accident; I got stuck on some hillock. We three tried to push it with no avail, until one man who was cutting grass came to help us. :DDD It was a bit embarrassing. After an hour Lexi and Emily came; “ANNIE ANNIE YOU HAVE TO COME THIS IS SO COOL RUN WE HAVE TO HURRY!” and so I left with them as fast as I could without knowing where I was going! We drove to double-road and found our target from ditch- there was a snake! Lexi told as that it is not venomous, so we poked it with a stick, it was all stiff so we thought it was dead. We poked it again and it started to hiss and weave to us :---D. Lexi started to yell: “IT’S A DIAMOND BACK, BACK UP!”. We took a pictures of the snake and showed them to Lexi’s dad. He believed that the snake was just an non-poisonous “garden snake”. In the evening we played dominoes, and in the end I finally found what it is all about! I mean, it’s not a typical “Dominoes”, it is mathematic.


















For the rest of the week there are fortunately a lot of activities for me. Maybe a bit too much, I have to decide between two things. Today we are going to BBQ, if it is not raining. Tomorrow I’m going to go with some American boy, girl, Donát (Hungarian buy) and that Italian buy who’s name I don’t already know, to Florence baseball game. And when I'm back, around 9-10pm, I’m going to Lexi’s birthday party by the pool of her granny.


For Wednesday and Thursday I have some activities, but forgetful as I am, I have forgotten what it was. On Friday I was supposed to go to play golf with Steve, but I have new plans: I’m going to the beach with American-Hungarian-Italian group! Luckily this idleness didn’t last for too long. =) I mean, time is running really slow right now!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti