perjantai 11. heinäkuuta 2008

$$$

Time is running so fast that I didn’t realize I haven’t been on computer for 4 days!

Monday 7.7

Before noon we went cycling with Lexi and Emmi, tried to catch the turtles but they were too shy. The day was boring hanging at home, about 6 o clock we went to baseball game in Marion. I was a bit disappointed since Marion Post 5’s lost. I already remember the names of half of the players and know their looks.

Tuesday 8.7


Early at morning we left for driving to North Myrtle Beach, where is brand new Hard Rock Park. After paying expensive (50$) tickets we rushed in to gleaming and fancy theme park and were a little disappointed since there were only 5 roller coasters, one of them being not available, plus few lame carousels. The best one of them was Led Zeppelin, which took some 10 minutes to get in since we had to watch some introducing video about the band Led Zeppelin. The roller coaster was just super and Led Zeppelin songs were played loudly. Slippery when wet was also ok, but you get quite wet there. The Eagles was alright. It was REALLY expensive there, a small drink cost some 3$. At least 20 gift shops selling unbelievably expensive gifts. We also saw some C-class ice show. We didn’t even know where we went; we went inside some huge, dark building. Suddenly the lights came on and some ice show started! I thought it would be some inside roller coaster. I was really tired back home.





Wednesday 9.7

In the morning we went to Wal-Mart to develop the pictures, after that we went swimming to Dusty Hills Country Club. There I met a nice family, which I had already met once, the children were aged 10 to 18 (Audrey, Grace, Alexia and Joey, if I remember right). We played categories with them and shot each others using some water floats that had water guns.




I left back home, since we were leaving for Sumter to watch Marion Post 5’s baseball game. It is some 60 miles travel to Sumter. The booking clerks were very nice. We were the first Finnish in Sumter baseball field so they wanted to show what the southern hospitality is all about and let us inside for free and also asked our “signatures”, name and home town. In the halfway of the game they announced, “Today we have here in Sumter two girls from Finland, Anniina Heikkilä from Vimpeli and Emmi Ketola from Pietarsaari, welcome to Sumter! It was incredible how well they pronounced the names, since usually the surname and home town are almost impossible to pronounce. We talked with them for a while after the game. I got also two new friends; 15-year-old Hannah and Grace. Both of them were friends of Lexi.


Kuvassa Marion Post 5


10.7

We stayed at home until 3pm, I had the “what could I do”- feeling. So we left for North Myrtle Beach to Alabama Theatre where is “One the show”, which SHOULD BE #1 tourist destination in Myrtle Beach. In my opinion, it wasn’t that special. The stand-up comedian, Ricky Mokel, was quite funny though, wearing simple college- shirt, jeans and sneakers, let alone the hoarse voice he had. They played some old hits, for example the Beatles, and also some own songs (I guess). I must admit they were good at sing and act, but somehow I just don’t appreciate that kind of musicals. We also went shopping to Broadway in Barefoot landing, though I didn’t find anything since I wasn’t equipped with a big amount of money.

Alabama Theatre

11.7

About half past eleven in the morning we left for Lions meeting in Conway. We ate tasty lunch and heard one man telling about his big plans for Horry Country Museum. I had feared about introducing myself and telling something about Finland in the meeting, but luckily Charlotte introduced me and Emmi so we didn’t really have to say a word, except some small talk with some Lions. After the meeting we went to some small village for lunch (again?), where we met Emmi’s upcoming host family. I just drank a glass of Southern Sweet Tee and we left for Florence Speedway. I must say that if I still have to visit many car races, I will loose my hearing for good. Again, there was in for crashing and many pauses.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti