perjantai 4. heinäkuuta 2008

Happy 4th of July!




Happy birthday America!!



Today we went to Murrells Inlet, close to Myrtle Beach. They had a great “BBQ party” by the inlet and a big boat show- I mean maybe 100 boats, and they all were driving by, being decorated with American flags and other stuff. Also the people inside the boat were dressed to some America- related costumes, for example the Statue of Liberty. It was really nice-looking! Then we ate pork and some ham. One easygoing guy was serving beer for us, I told that Charlotte will send me home if I take one, so he just told us to go down the street so she wouldn’t see anything. Not a good idea to be sent home after being less than a week here. Everyone else were imbibing beer there, except Charlotte and Dave, who were eating pork under a palm tree. And music was loud. After that we went to Myrtle Beach, it was burning hot there. Also the water temperature was about 30 in the ocean. I’ve burned myself so badly that I have to use ice cubes rolled into towel on my shoulders. But it was a really nice city, I also saw the motel where I am going for 3 nights in August. About 50km just sand and hotels. I don’t really know what we are going to do in the evening, but it’s Charlotte’s birthday tomorrow.

And a word about the baseball game, it’s quite strange that even in that kind of teenagers’ baseball game someone comes to sing the national anthem and a right hand on breast they speak some national oath or something. We have had 2 thunderstorm warnings today. :s

Technical problems with holding everything.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti