perjantai 25. heinäkuuta 2008

Dusty Hills

While writing the last note we got a blackout, I’m glad this blogger saves the notes automatically, so I didn’t lost anything! It was quite scary. I walked upstairs in candlelight, the bolts flashed outside continuously and lit the room. I went straight to bed since the candlelight didn’t light up much, it just created creepy shadows. It was so hot since the air conditioner didn’t work due to the blackout. Just when I sacked out the electricity returned and air conditioner switched on.

Yesterday morning I woke up for a golf day. Steve came to pick my up at 10 o clock. I had just some tennis shoes of Charlotte, I didn’t have even sneakers with me. I put a Gamecocks cap on my head, of which Steve didn’t like, since he belonged to Clemson. Gamecocks is a football team of the University of South Carolina, and Tigers, the team of Clemson University, is the worst enemy of Gamecocks. The round at Dusty Hills was horrible. I’ve never played so bad in my entire life. I wasn’t even nervous like normally when playing with someone I don’t know. Luckily Steve didn’t care, he wasn’t a very good player either. Still, he succeeded in hitting the ball straight to hole by 20meters chip, and some amazing putts. At least he was much better than me. I blame too big tennis shoes, weird clubs, bad-luck-cap, hot and humid weather and nats (those irritating insects). Also the bunkers were full of water (it rained so bad last night). The rest of the day I rested at home



At Friday morning I laid outside listening music, like I usually do before it gets so hot you can’t really stay outside. After that we headed for Florence, which has become familiar to me. It’s the ugliest city I’ve seen so far. I don’t count the most squalid city I’ve ever seen, “Latta”, as an actual city. It is pronounced “Lada”, which doesn’t make it any more glamorous. The city of “Lada” with it’s population of 2000 is the most pathetic city I’ve seen so far. It is located in a short distance to north, close to the border of North Carolina. Anyway, we were on our way to Swamp Fox Cinema to watch Hancock. Not bad, actually. There was only 10 people watching the movie with me, they all were black. I felt quite alone there… After the movie I filled myself up in Red Lobster and returned to home. I draw an ugly drawing of a parrot, since Charlotte thought I’m good at drawing and wanted a memory.

Now I have to rush to pack my stuff, I’ll leave at 11 for Columbia where I’ll meet the becoming YE campers. All I know is that I'll spend the first days at Columbia College.

And greetings for my mum who turned out a secret follower of my blog.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti