torstai 17. heinäkuuta 2008

North Myrtle !

Wednesday 16.7.2008

In the morning I forgot I was meant to go down to the beach with Donát and Giulio. It was quite a shock when Charlotte woke me up 8 o clock and I didn’t realise what is happening, went to down stairs looking shabby and Donát was there. :D Dave took me and Donát to Bojangles where Paul picked us up. First I didn’t realise Giulio being the Italian boy after he spoke some English, he really looked like a real American boy with the FBI- shades. So we went to Paul’s daughters place in North Myrtle Beach. After walking 100 meters to the beach with guys I realised Giuilio is not a shy boy at all when he started to make jokes with a funny Italian accent he had, so all the tension was gone. I don’t wonder if he had an ADHD, he wasn’t a second in a same position. He told how his teacher gave a detention for him after he played with toy cars inside few years. Paul took us to mall close by. Giulio kept repeating all the time: “Paul, are you okay?? Paul, Paul, you are the best! But you drive too slowly!”


In the mall we all were bought a same kind of shirt which was 3 times too big for me! Then I lost the boys and I was very nervous, since I didn’t remember where to go and what time, I didn’t even have phone or clock, nor did I know where I was! Kind of a hopeless situation, huh? In the end I was finally found and we went to the beach house. We ate in a secluded, sleazy (well, not that bad) seafood restaurant where I ate some fish. It was edible but fish is not my favourite. I preferred the shellfishes. Back in Marion we made our plans for Friday; going to beach with Donát’s host family. Fun day with lots of laugh.


Kuva Paulin beach housen partsilta



Thursday 18.7.2008

The day began when I and Donát went to place of which either of us didn’t know. We just considered that the place wasn’t exactly the right place for us. The hall was full of retired religious people, middle age around 70. We listened to some country music and ate something which looked very suspicious. Can you imagine; cold, lumpy mashed potatoes with pieces of egg and broccoli? Served with bean sauce. After a “delicious” lunch we left for Lake City to watch ball game. Marion won! I feel so homely sitting there next to the team and coach, my feet against the web. I’ve also made a habit to eat one hot dog each game. Still, I’m not enough American to eat peanuts. Maybe after 3 weeks. I’m so glad I’m not even in the half way of my journey here. =) I love it here. I could stay here for the whole year – or even for a whole life.



Lake City

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti